With so many early education programs available, it takes research to choose the one that’s right for your child. In your search, be sure to find an early education program that is accredited by the NAEYC, like A Child’s World in Doylestown. As part of an accredited program, your child will be exposed to:
- Qualified and Trained Teachers: NAEYC-accredited centers must show that their teachers have the experience and training to develop a rapport with children and teach them vital skills, in addition to fostering growth and learning opportunities. They tailor teaching methods to each child’s needs, ensuring that your child gets a personalized education.
- Approved Curriculum: An early education center must offer a curriculum that is approved by NAEYC. The curriculum should be structured, involving, and diverse, allowing plenty of opportunities for both learning and play. Though children spend time developing social and academic skills, they also have time for physical activity and unstructured play.
- Safe and Healthy Environment: Before granting accreditation, the NAEYC requires education centers to pass a rigorous set of health and safety standards to prevent injury and remove environmental hazards.
- Opportunities for Emotional Growth: The NAEYC recognizes that child development isn’t only about learning to read or other academic skills; emotional and social skills also play a huge role in a child’s ability to succeed in life. Children are given opportunities and encouragement to learn to interact with other children as well as adults, so they will learn how to function in groups and work with others.
- Emphasis on Family Involvement: Accredited early education centers focus on parental and family involvement as a way to foster learning and reinforce skills learned at school. These centers recognize that your family isn’t like anyone else’s and work to help your child thrive within your dynamic.
You’ll find all of these standards at A Child’s World in Doylestown. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible education to your child to prepare him or her to succeed in school and life. To discuss our programs or schedule a visit to our center, call (215) 348-7200.